- Redeem mutual fund units, get your money within 3 dayson November 26, 2022 at 2:41 am
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) said fund houses should pay dividends to unitholders within seven days and the redemption amount should be given within three days.
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund launches Nifty Pharma Index Fundon November 25, 2022 at 10:21 am
The Nifty Pharma Index has grown at 9.52% annually since October 2012. For example, Rs.1,00,000 invested in the Nifty Pharma Index in 2012 would be worth Rs. 2,48,220 by the end of October 2022.
- Sebi amends norms; brings in buying, selling of mutual funds under insider trading ruleson November 25, 2022 at 9:02 am
Sebi’s latest decision follows the Franklin Templeton episode, in which the fund house’s few executives were accused of redeeming their holdings in the schemes ahead of the six debt schemes shutting for redemption.
- Budget 2023: AMFI demands tax uniformity for MFs, DLSS, NPSon November 25, 2022 at 8:54 am
The industry body has also requested for various steps to be taken for the betterment of the mutual fund industry and investors and to deepen the equity market via mutual funds.
- Sensex at all-time high; what should mutual fund investors do?on November 25, 2022 at 5:46 am
Whenever the stock market crosses a psychologically-significant mark, many investors, especially mutual fund investors, inevitably ask: Should we do something different? Sell or buy something?
- Union AMC launches Union Multicap Fundon November 24, 2022 at 8:22 am
The Scheme will be benchmarked against NIFTY 500 Multicap 50:25:25 TRI. The stock selection will be based on the “Fair Value” approach.
- How much should I invest through SIP to create Rs 5 crore?on November 24, 2022 at 5:22 am
If you have any mutual fund queries, message on ET Mutual Funds on Facebook. We will get it answered by our panel of experts.
- Lumpsum flows into equity mutual funds hit a new low; debt inflows await interest rate peakon November 24, 2022 at 4:18 am
The report by MOFS indicates that the slowdown in lumpsum investments has been on account of large HNIs waiting for a better entry point as the equity market is close to a new high, weakness in flows from lower-end customers in rural areas, and reduced NFO activity by large AMCs in the equity segment.
- India 2-3 year debt currently attractive, says Axis MF’s Devang Shahon November 24, 2022 at 3:49 am
“If an investor has 100 rupees, they could probably consider investing 50-60 rupees immediately and the remaining post the budget clarity.”
- India one of the best-performing markets in region, time to lean in, says TPG Capital’s Jim Coulteron November 24, 2022 at 12:00 am
San Francisco-headquartered TPG Capital, one of the largest private equity (PE) firms, managing more than $120 billion in assets as of August, has been doubling down on investing in India after a cool-off period between 2012-2014.
- You can withdraw entire NPS corpus lumpsum if Rs 5 lakh or less but 40% will be taxableon November 22, 2022 at 4:51 am
The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) easedthe process of withdrawing corpus from National Pension System (NPS) for investors earlier. As per the rules, an NPS subscriber can withdraw entire corpus as lumpsum if it does not exceed Rs 5 lakh. However, the income tax rules regarding such lumpsum withdrawal are not clear. Read on to know more about it.
- You can get personlised support from income tax helpdesk: Here’s howon November 16, 2022 at 8:04 am
According to the income tax department’s website, here’s a quick rundown of what co browsing is and how it benefits taxpayers.
- You cannot use accounts with these banks to pay income tax on TIN NSDL website anymoreon November 16, 2022 at 4:47 am
The way to pay income tax is changing. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has directed banks to migrate from TIN NSDL website to e-filing income tax portal for payment of taxes such as self-assessment tax, advance tax etc. Here is the list of the banks that have been moved to new e-filing income tax portal for taxes payment.
- Can you change income tax regimes while filing revised ITR?on November 11, 2022 at 5:11 am
Effective from FY 2020-21, an individual has an option to contine with the old, exisiting income tax regime and avail tax deductions and exmeptions. Else, she can also opt for new income tax regime by foregoing those commonly availed deductions. However, what if an individual has opted for one tax regime while filing ITR and wants to opt another one while revising ITR.
- Common ITR form proposed for all: Will it make income tax filing more convenient or cumbersome?on November 10, 2022 at 6:40 am
At present, a taxpayer has to select the right income tax return or ITR form applicable to him or her while filing the income tax return. The selection of the correct ITR form depends on various factors — status of the taxpayer, types of income earned, residential status, etc. The CBDT has proposed a common ITR form to eliminate this process. Will the new common ITR ease the ITR filing process for common taxpayers? Let’s find out what experts say
- Paying Rent to NRI landlord? Deduct TDS, else pay penaltyon November 3, 2022 at 4:47 am
Are you paying housing rent to a Non-resident Indian? If yes, then ensure that you are deducting tax before making a rent payment to the NRI landlord. Remember under the income tax laws, as a tenat if you fail to deduct tax, then you will be liable for penal consequences. Read on to know the income tax rate at which taxes are to be deducted and how to deposit them with the government.
- ITR filing: CBDT proposes one common ITR form for most taxpayers; know detailson November 1, 2022 at 2:03 pm
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has proposed to merge all the existing ITR forms except ITR 7. The income taxpayers will get an option to choose which form they want while filing their tax returns — the proposed common ITR form or the existing form (ITR 1 or ITR 4), the draft proposal mentioned.
- How to pay income tax using UPI, credit card, 4 other ways on new tax portalon November 1, 2022 at 4:46 am
The new e-filing income tax portal has introduced the facility of paying taxes. Earlier, taxpayers could use facility provided by NSDL website to pay income taxes to the goverment. The new income tax portal allows the taxpayers to pay income tax via UPI, credit card and 4 other ways. Read on to know the step by step guide for the same.
- Debt mutual funds more tax efficient than bank FDson October 31, 2022 at 1:00 am
Though fixed deposits and small savings schemes offer assured returns, the interest earned is taxed at normal rates applicable to the investor. The gains from debt funds are also taxable, but at different rates.
- ITR filing: Deadline to file income tax returns with audit reports for AY 2022-23 extended to…on October 27, 2022 at 9:30 am
The CBDT has extended the due date for filing income tax return (ITRs) by corporate and individuals whose accounts need to be audited, to November 7, 2022. The extended due date is applicable to all taxpayers where audit is required, said experts.